The new Technical Updates for the latest two releases of IBM i, 7.1 and 7.2, will be available on November 11, 2014.
TR9 for 7.1 includes updates to:
- Web Navigator
- Integrated Web Services Server to include the ability to create and host REST (Representational State Transfer) based web services to run with RPGLE and ILE Cobol programs.
- Rational Developer for i update v9.1
- Node.js with extensions to access DB2 for i and other ILE objects
- HTTP Server for i
- RPGLE extended ALIAS support.
- WebSphere Commerce v7 Feature Pack 8
- MQ v8
- WebSphere Portal v8.5
- Connections v 5.0 CR1
TR1 for 7.2 includes updates to:
- DB2 for i performance enhancements
- DB2 for i security enhancements
- DB2 for i services
- All of the 7.1 TR 9 updates, except the WebSphere Portal v8.5
You can see examples of the new ALIAS and relaxed rules for data structure to file I/O operations here.