At the start of a new year I am always filled with a feeling of excitement for what the new year will bring us, and a feeling of gratitude for all the good stuff that happened last year.
Last year's most popular posts covered a good variety of subjects:
- Change date from one format to another using SQL
- Char built in function added to CL
- IBM i 7.1 TR10 and 7.2 TR2 announced at Common
- Trim in CL and its Second Parameter
- Getting the number of rows affected by SQL statement
We also have the following IBM i anniversaries to look forward to in 2016:
- 57th anniversary of the RPG programming language
- 28th anniversary of the launch of the AS400, distinguished forerunner of the PowerSystems and IBM i
- 15th anniversary of the introduction of the free form calculation specification in RPG
- 3rd anniversary of this web site
- 3rd anniversary of free form definitions in RPG
- 1st anniversary of fully free RPG (no column restrictions)
So raise a glass of your favorite beverage to give thanks for the IBM i, the IBM folks working to bring us better PowerSystems and IBM i, and everyone else in the IBM i community for 2015. Then raise a second glass in anticipation of the good stuff to come in 2016.