A new draft of the IBM Redbook "Who Knew You Could Do That with RPG IV? Modern RPG for the Modern Programmer", completed October 20 2016, has been made available. I recognize many of the authors as people I respect as highly knowledgeable in the use of modern RPG.
The chapters cover many items which should interest anyone using, or wanting to learn, modern RPG:
- Introduction to RPGIV
- Programming RPGIV with style
- ILE guide for the RPG programmer
- Application programming interfaces
- Database access with RPGIV
- Exception and error handling
- IBM Rational Developer for IBM i
- Modern RPG comparison as viewed from a young developer
This 390 page manual is available for download as a PDF document here. If you are going to print it I would only print the first 385 pages.
I can see that this is going to the top of my bedtime reading list.